Education & Certification
APIC offers a comprehensive collection of clinical education and professional development programs, in face-to-face and online formats for all career levels and practice settings. Additionally, APIC also supports the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology’s CIC® (Certification in Infection Control) credential.
- Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology
CIC® status identifies healthcare professionals who have shown mastery in knowledge of infection prevention and control. It also shows a commitment to best practices in infection prevention and control and improved patient care. Certification also signals to your employer and your colleagues that you are committed to professional growth and advancing the practice.
- Annual Conference 2015
APIC’s Annual Conference is one of the largest international gatherings of infection preventionists. Expand your knowledge and network with peers and world-renowned experts.
- Education for the Prevention of Infection (EPI®) 101
This novice level course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist. Areas of emphasis include how to prepare surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, preventing transmission of infectious diseases, and how to handle employee exposures.
- Education for the Prevention of Infection (EPI®) 102
This novice level course builds on the concepts and principles introduced in EPI® 101. Continue your infection prevention education with EPI® 201, which covers subjects such as “The IP’s Role in Construction and Renovation” and “Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization of Instruments.”
- Infection Prevention for Ambulatory Surgery Centers 101 (ASC 101)
This novice level course provides comprehensive infection prevention training for healthcare professionals working in all ambulatory settings including surgery centers. Learn how to develop an effective infection prevention program to protect patients.
- Infection Prevention for Ambulatory Surgery Centers 102 (ASC 102)
This novice level course builds on the concepts and principles introduced in ASC 101. Continue your infection prevention education with ASC 102, which covers subjects such as “Outbreak Investigation” and “Evaluation and Selection of Disinfection Products."
- EPI Intensive This novice level course introduces the various roles and responsibilities of the infection preventionist. Areas of emphasis include how to prepare surveillance and risk assessment plans, regulatory compliance, preventing transmission of infectious diseases, how to handle employee exposures and evidence-based interventions to prevent or reduce risk. A certified and experienced faculty team presents the course with a hands-on training approach.
- Advanced Education for the Infection Preventionist
This three-day program for proficient and advanced Infection Preventionists will improve the competence levels in areas crucial to successfully leading an infection prevention program within today’s complex healthcare environment. Instruction will emphasize case studies, scenarios, and development of action plans.
Each of the three days has a different focus:
Each month, APIC presents an hour-long webinar on a range of topics, from infection prevention innovations to leadership to disease outbreaks. These monthly webinars are a free resource for APIC members.
- On-demand webinar library
APIC has archived all the webinar presentations from the last four years and put them in one area. Just select a subject category and you will find numerous webinars to view.
- Online courses
Affordable, interactive courses provide convenient access to accredited infection prevention continuing education. Take the class any time, from any computer.
- EPI Analytics Learning Lab
This six-week class focuses on data creation, manipulation, and presentation and is delivered through a combination of live online learning sessions, discussion board activities, and real world application exercises. Offered in July and October 2015.
Education customer service: