Each year, APIC presents 12 awards to members who are recognized for the development and application of innovative infection prevention programs. These individuals are at the frontline of infection prevention—producing innovative programs that ultimately help save lives. APIC celebrates these individuals by bestowing the Heroes of Infection Prevention Award.
Meaningful requirements and significant recognition
Nominated by their peers or self-nominated, these individuals represent a broad spectrum of healthcare practitioners, including experience levels, healthcare settings, specialty areas, and geographic location.
The criteria for selection are:
The 2012 Heroes have developed innovative programs to improve the health and well-being of patients, healthcare workers, and the public. Collaboration and simplicity are hallmarks of the approach taken this year—find out more in the program synopsis for each hero.
Submit an application or nominate a deserving colleague for this prestigious honor. Award recipients receive complimentary registration and travel to APIC’s 40th Annual Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and recognition in APIC communications. All nominations must be submitted by November 12, 2012.
APIC is proud to present the 2012 Heroes of Infection Prevention:
- Patti Bull, Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, TX
- Don Guimera and Miguela Caniza, St. Jude Children’s, Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Kim Delahanty, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Marlene Fishman Wolpert, St. Joseph Health Services of RI, North Providence, RI
- Elaine Flanagan, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Catherine Grayson, Medical Center of McKinney, McKinney, TX
- Namita Jaggi, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, India
- Katherine Rhodes, Texas Health Southwest, Fort Worth, TX
- Beth Ann Rhoton, Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center, Charleston, SC
- DeAnn Richards, Agrace HospiceCare, Madison, WI
- Wynn Roberts, Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, Portland Oregon
- Judy Warren, Tawam Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
|2012 Heroes of Infection Prevention Awardees
Standing L-R: Loredana Jinga (BD), Katrina Crist (APIC CEO), Patti Bull, Wynn Roberts, DeAnn Richards,Beth Ann Rhoton, Judy Warren, Catherine Grayson, Kim Delahanty, Katherine Rhodes, Don Guierma. Seated L-R: Kathy Warye (BD), Elaine Flanagan, Marlene Fishman Wolpert, Dr. Namita Jaggi, Dr. Miguela Caniza.
|Heroes Panel Discussion at 2012 Annual Conference: Sustaining the success, participation and momentum of innovative health intervention programs
L-R: Mary Scales, Linda Graviss, Brian Koll, MD; Mary Walczak; and, moderator – Janet Frain.
BD is pleased to support the 2012-2013 APIC Heroes of Infection Prevention Program and the outstanding and essential work of the Heroes honorees in the field of infection prevention.