Translate science into practice with Prevention Strategist, APIC’s signature magazine. This quarterly publication provides members with evidence-based strategies and practical guidance from leading experts to help prevent infection.
- Access information for authors and editorial guidelines
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order article reprints.
- For advertising inquiries, access the media kit or contact:
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2015
Cover story: Lessons learned: Questions and concerns regarding safety of endoscopes and validity of manufacturer guidance
- Hand hygiene hurdles: How can we overcome them? Open access
- Perspective from Australia—Routine culturing and surveillance of endoscopes
- Infection prevention leadership: My personal journey Open access
- Measles in the U.S.: Discussions with public health representatives Open access
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2015
Cover story: The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist
- The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist Open access
- Trending bugs: Measles, enterovirus D68, and norovirus
- Faculty Voices: Spotlight on education—APIC’s new Infection Prevention Academy Open access
- Infection preventionists and the art of storytelling: APIC 2015 closing plenary sneak peek Open access
The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist
The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist provides tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, and resources to take an infection preventionist from day 1 on the job through passing the Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) exam.
AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement—Winter 2014
This special supplement features the AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI, including long-term care CAUTI prevention success stories, antibiotic stewardship and CAUTI management, meet the AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI national faculty, and much more. Entire issue is open access.
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2014
Cover story: APIC’s ongoing Ebola response Open access
- Ebola prevention in Sierra Leone—an IP’s story
- Stolen syringes: How does a patient go into a hospital and come out with hepatitis C? Open access
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene in the behavioral health setting: Can it be accomplished? Open access
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Guidelines
- Access the 2014 Winter supplement: AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2014
Cover story--West Virginia water contamination crisis: Implications for infection prevention
- The new CDC methodology and the pursuit of an updated guidance for SSI prevention
- Antibiotic resistance policy initiatives
On the CUSP: Stop CAUTI supplement—Spring 2014
This special supplement features success stories from facilities that have joined the On the CUSP: Stop CAUTI program, strategies for engaging others in CAUTI prevention, insight from experts on the program’s core national faculty, ways for your healthcare organization to be part of the program, frequently asked questions, and much more. Entire issue is open access.
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2013
Cover story: A closer look--Antibiotic resistance and the microbiome Open access
- Infection prevention in outpatient oncology settings Open access
- Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis
- Today's infection prevention challenges in long-term care: Are we ready to manage them? Open access
- Egypt's Professional Diploma in Infection Control (PDIC): A success story
- Ready, set, implement! A nurse-driven Foley catheter protocol to prevent CAUTI Open access
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2013
Cover story: SARS, 10 years later. Open access
- Patient isolation: Should the patient perspective be a consideration?
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- The Human Microbiome Project: What's in it for IPs?
- The surprising culprit of C-Section surgical site infections