CDC establishes Zika pregnancy registry
Listen to Sanjay Saint’s inspirational TED Talk
What's new at APIC
New online course - Tech Tools: Excel Basics
Effective, inexpensive and brief. The Excel Basics course, designed by subject matter experts well-versed in the healthcare environment, features narrated presentations with corresponding activities that teach how to improve workflow and data analysis through use of standard Excel features, including formatting and formulas, graphs, and pivot tables.
EPI Intensive in Baltimore, Burlington, Dallas, St. Louis, Anchorage
EPI Intensive, a novice-level course, compresses infection prevention fundamentals from the EPI® 101 and 102 classes into a 5-day interactive intensive learning experience. Plan now to join us in Baltimore, Burlington, Dallas, St. Louis, and Anchorage.
Education maximization - APIC 2016
Maximize your Annual Conference educational experience by utilizing the APIC 2016 Online Program Planner. Before you arrive in Charlotte, get an in-depth look at pre-conference workshops, daily pleneries, session descriptions, and speaker bios.
Basic Statistics Learning Lab - Registration now open
Learn about the role of statistics in infection prevention, steps in statistical analysis, and how to directly apply your new skills with commonly used tools in this four-week online course to be held August 1-22.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2016
Cover story: Constructing Collaboration
- Design, planning, construction, and activation from an infection prevention perspective
- Gastroenterology and infection prevention colleagues partner for patient safety Open access
- Building a new antimicrobial stewardship program Open access
- From data to decisions: Dipping a toe into the data ocean
- What IPs should know about Zika virus Open access
- Infection prevention: Spanning the generations Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—May 2016
- The use of passive visual stimuli to enhance compliance with handwashing in a perioperative setting
- Direct health care costs and length of hospital stay related to health care-acquired infections in adult patients based on point prevalence measurements
- Models to predict prevalence and transition dynamics of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community nursing homes
- Control of endemic extensively drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii with a cohorting policy and cleaning procedures based on the 1 room, 1 wipe approach
- Fecal microbiota transplantation for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: The patient experience
Public Policy Updates
FDA adds Olympus to list of scope manufacturers with AER testing validation
CDC recommends diagnostic testing of urine specimens for suspected Zika
FDA warns of safety risks associated with ketoconazole oral tablets