Listen to Sanjay Saint’s inspirational TED Talk
Handwashing gets skipped a third of the time in outpatient healthcare: study
What's new at APIC
EPI Intensive in Baltimore, Burlington, Dallas, St. Louis, Anchorage
EPI Intensive, a novice-level course, compresses infection prevention fundamentals from the EPI® 101 and 102 classes into a 5-day interactive intensive learning experience. Plan now to join us in Baltimore, Burlington, Dallas, St. Louis, and Anchorage.
Don't miss the two webinars scheduled for May. On May 5, listen to the NHSN Spring Update where you will hear directly from CDC experts on the most commonly asked questions received from NHSN users reporting HAIs. On May 18, learn about the infection preventionist's role in lab diagnostics for C. difficile. Register now!
Education maximization - APIC 2016
Maximize your Annual Conference educational experience by utilizing the APIC 2016 Online Program Planner. Before you arrive in Charlotte, get an in-depth look at pre-conference workshops, daily pleneries, session descriptions, and speaker bios.
Basic Statistics Learning Lab - Registration now open
Learn about the role of statistics in infection prevention, steps in statistical analysis, and how to directly apply your new skills with commonly used tools in this four-week online course to be held August 1-22.
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2016
Cover story: Inspiration for your infection prevention program
- Models of effective antimicrobial stewardship programs Open access
- Collaborative problem solving and conflict resolution Open access
- APIC 2016 sneak peek: Why IPs should think like “freaks” Open access
- The case for a horizontal approach: IPs share their success story for VRE and MRSA
- Identifying the pathogen: Streptococcus pyogenes
American Journal of Infection Control—May 2016
- The use of passive visual stimuli to enhance compliance with handwashing in a perioperative setting
- Direct health care costs and length of hospital stay related to health care-acquired infections in adult patients based on point prevalence measurements
- Models to predict prevalence and transition dynamics of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community nursing homes
- Control of endemic extensively drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii with a cohorting policy and cleaning procedures based on the 1 room, 1 wipe approach
- Fecal microbiota transplantation for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: The patient experience