Case Study: Nebraska’s Ebola isolation and decontamination approach
Access CRE resources
What's new at APIC
EPI Intensive - New Mexico in May
A new course that compresses infection prevention fundamentals into a 5-day interactive intensive learning experience. Perfect for the novice level infection preventionist and individuals planning on obtaining or renewing their CIC®.
APIC leaders speak out on importance of IP resources
Both the Health Affairs blog (“How the Ebola crisis could help save 75,000 patients”) and Modern Healthcare (“Ebola focus may have hurt preparedness for other outbreaks”) featured articles recently quoting APIC leaders about the need for properly resourced infection prevention programs to effectively protect patients and healthcare workers from infection threats.
Ebola and lessons learned: AC2015 opening keynote announced
Join experts from the CDC, University of Nebraska Medical Center, University of Texas at Dallas, and Trinity Health this June in Nashville to hear how the Ebola episode can convince leaders about the value of infection prevention preparedness.
Advanced Practice and Project Management workshops open for registration
Registration is open for the 2015 Infection Prevention Academy, which now features two 1-day workshops in addition to the EPI 101, EPI 102, and ASC courses. The Spring Academy will be held March 16-21 in Seattle, WA.
American Journal of Infection Control—March2015
- Infection prevention and mass vaccination training for U.S. point of dispensing staff and volunteers: A national study
- Employee influenza vaccination in a large cancer center with high baseline compliance rates: Comparison of carrot versus stick approaches
- Understanding the current state of infection prevention to prevent Clostridium difficile infection: A human factors and systems engineering approach
- Introducing the No Preventable Harms campaign: Creating the safest health care system in the world, starting with catheter-associated urinary tract infection prevention
Prevention Strategist—Winter 2014
Cover story: APIC’s ongoing Ebola response Open access
- Ebola prevention in Sierra Leone—an IP’s story
- Stolen syringes: How does a patient go into a hospital and come out with hepatitis C? Open access
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene in the behavioral health setting: Can it be accomplished? Open access
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Guidelines
- Access the 2014 Winter supplement: AHRQ Safety Program for Long-Term Care: CAUTI supplement