APIC president invited to White House forum on antibiotic stewardship
C. difficile rates highest in Northeast region, spring season
What's new at APIC
Call to nominate candidates for office extended to June 10, 2015
The APIC Nominating and Awards Committee has extended the call for nominations for the APIC Board of Directors, CBIC Board of Directors, and the Nominating and Awards Committee for terms beginning January 2016.
Registration open - EPI® Analytics Virtual Learning Lab: Effectively Using Data
This six-week course focuses on data creation, manipulation, and presentation and is delivered through a combination of live online learning sessions, discussion board activities, and real world application exercise.
Attention media: Time to get your press credentials for APIC 2015
Washington, May 5, 2015 – Nearly 5,000 healthcare professionals focused on infection prevention will gather in Nashville, Tennessee June 27-29 for the 42nd Annual Conference of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) to discuss lessons learned from the Ebola crisis and measles outbreak, hear from leading experts, and share best practices to address emerging infection prevention and control issues. Don't miss your chance to register as press.
APIC and SHEA statement on FDA proposed rule on safety and effectiveness of healthcare antiseptic products
Washington, April 30, 2015 – The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) issued the following statement in response to release of a proposed rule by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) relative to healthcare antiseptic products.
Prevention Strategist—Spring 2015
Cover story: The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist
- The Roadmap for the Novice Infection Preventionist Open access
- Trending bugs: Measles, enterovirus D68, and norovirus
- Faculty Voices: Spotlight on education—APIC’s new Infection Prevention Academy Open access
- Infection preventionists and the art of storytelling: APIC 2015 closing plenary sneak peek Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—May 2015
- Cleaning and disinfecting environmental surfaces in health care: Toward an integrated framework for infection and occupational illness prevention
- Regional and seasonal variation in Clostridium difficile infections among hospitalized patients in the United States, 2001-2010
- Planning and response to Ebola virus disease: An integrated approach
- Ask, speak up, and be proactive: Empowering patient infection control to prevent health care–acquired infections