Healthcare workers are not removing protective garments correctly: report
Film festival uses humor and education to promote infection prevention
What's new at APIC
APIC releases manual for construction and renovation projects in healthcare facilities
Any construction or renovation project at a healthcare facility can have infection implications. The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has released the Infection Prevention Manual for Construction & Renovation, a critical resource for all healthcare facility construction and renovation projects, to serve as a blueprint for planning through completion.
APIC releases updated infection control certification study guide
To continue to meet the demands of the rapidly changing field of infection prevention and equip professionals to obtain board certification, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has released the Certification Study Guide, 6th edition.
Hand Hygiene Implementation Guide - download now available
The latest Implementation Guide is now available for download! The Guide to Hand Hygiene Programs for Infection Prevention covers the key components of hand hygiene programs and more.
Record-breaking numbers achieved at APIC 2015
APIC 2015 Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee was the most successful conference yet. APIC 2015 set records: the largest clinical attendance in our conference history and the largest number of exhibitors. In all, 4,600+ attendees and 269 exhibitors joined us in Nashville, June 27-29.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2015
Cover story: Lessons learned: Questions and concerns regarding safety of endoscopes and validity of manufacturer guidance
- Hand hygiene hurdles: How can we overcome them? Open access
- Perspective from Australia—Routine culturing and surveillance of endoscopes
- Infection prevention leadership: My personal journey Open access
- Measles in the U.S.: Discussions with public health representatives Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—July 2015
- Identifying changes in the role of the infection preventionist through the 2014 practice analysis study conducted by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.
- What does the public know about Ebola? The public's risk perceptions regarding the current Ebola outbreak in an as-yet unaffected country
- Frequency-risk and duration-risk relations between occupational livestock contact and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage among workers in Guangdong, China
- Pneumonia cases following an EF-5 tornado
- Microfiber cloths reduce the transfer of Clostridium difficile spores to environmental surfaces compared with cotton cloths