Clinical workstations: an overlooked reservoir for deadly bacteria?
Non-tuberculous Mycobacterium (NTM) infections and heater-cooler devices
What's new at APIC
It’s Giving Tuesday - contribute today
APIC is committed to research that helps infection preventionists make clinically relevant and meaningful improvements to patient safety. The APIC MegaSurvey: State of the IP Profession is just one initiative supported by member contributions to the APIC Research Fund. Contribute today.
APIC 2016 registration and housing is now open
We are pleased to announce registration for the 43rd Annual Conference, June 11-13, 2016 in Charlotte, NC is now open. Be inspired by innovative thought leaders, amazed by the exhibit hall, and motivated by the science and implementation best practices found in more than 80 sessions.
New “Do’s and Don’ts” of procedure masks and N95 respirators fliers
APIC has created two new fliers on the “Do’s and Don’ts” for wearing N95 respirators and procedure masks. These resources were developed by APIC’s Communications and Practice Guidance Committees with input from the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare (AOHP), and the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN). Please share these educational fliers with healthcare professionals in your organizations.
Results of 2016 APIC election
APIC congratulates its newly elected 2016 officers, directors, and members of the Nominating and Awards Committee.
Prevention Strategist—Fall 2015
Cover story: Thinking outside the box: IPs in action
- Sherlockian ability and teamwork uncover the Blue Bell listeria outbreak
- An IP's guide to evaluating research Open access
- IPs: Your message has been heard Open access
- Preventing hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) outside of the ventilator-associated pneumonia bundle Open access
- Infection prevention leadership: Leading with the heart Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—November 2015
- Influenza vaccination of health care personnel: Experiences with the first year of a national data collection effort
- The role of message strategy in improving hand hygiene compliance rates
- Sterile reprocessing of surgical instruments in low- and middle-income countries: A multicenter pilot study
- Alcohol handrubbing and chlorhexidine handwashing are equally effective in removing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from health care workers' hands: A randomized controlled trial
- Are identity badges and lanyards in pediatrics potentially contaminated with viral pathogens?