CDC issues health alert on first mcr-1 gene in E. coli bacteria found in a human in the U.S.
Access all APIC 2016 News releases
What's new at APIC
New statistics publication
The highly anticipated Fundamental Statistics & Epidemiology in Infection Prevention publication provides a deeper understanding of basic statistics and epidemiology as they apply to infection prevention and control.
APIC 2017 Call for Presentations now open
The APIC Annual Conference Committee invites proposals for presentations for the 2017 Annual Conference to be held Wednesday through Friday, June 14-16, 2017 in Portland, Oregon. All presentations must be submitted online and the deadline to submit is Friday, August 5, 2016. Learn more.
Globally minded infection preventionist receives highest honor from APIC
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) today honored Georgia (Gigi) Dash, RN, MS, CIC, director of infection prevention, Cape Cod Healthcare, with the prestigious 2016 Carole DeMille Achievement Award for her global contributions to the field of infection prevention.
Pennsylvania Executive receives APIC’s 2016 Healthcare Administrator Award
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) today presented Beth Duffy, chief operating officer, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery (EMCM) in East Norriton, Pennsylvania, with its 2016 Healthcare Administrator Award.
Prevention Strategist—Summer 2016
Cover story: Constructing Collaboration
- Design, planning, construction, and activation from an infection prevention perspective
- Gastroenterology and infection prevention colleagues partner for patient safety Open access
- Building a new antimicrobial stewardship program Open access
- From data to decisions: Dipping a toe into the data ocean
- What IPs should know about Zika virus Open access
- Infection prevention: Spanning the generations Open access
American Journal of Infection Control—July 2016
- APIC salutes the 2016 Heroes of Infection Prevention
- APIC position paper: Safe injection, infusion, and medication vial practices in health care
- An average hand hygiene day for nurses and physicians: The burden is not equal
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccination among women of childbearing age—United States, 2013
- Parents' and staff's support for a childcare agency employee mandatory vaccination policy or agency certification program
- Are health care personnel trained in correct use of personal protective equipment?